Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sewing 101

Last night best friend Kelly and I took our first sewing class. We signed up a few weeks ago at our local JoAnn's and weren't sure what to expect. But it was great!! We both brought our mom's sewing machines that were a little dusty and still in the boxes(no fancy carrying cases for us). Our mom's probably bought the machines on Walmart special a few ago compared to some other class participants with mac-daddy machines. But our stitches were just as crooked as theirs. Don't be looking for any masterpieces in the near future, but they will come people, they will come.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yay for sewing...I can do a little and probably should take a class...my mama sews really well and teaches me when she can!

LWJ said...

well you all have me beat I have no idea how to sew. I probably should learn something. It would probably save money in some way if I could make curtains or something. Mary if you learn how to do that you can teach me or I can just pay you for some. I still don't have any for Kylin's room. I never found any I liked. You will have to show off what you make in your classes!

Kelly said...

Yay for crooked stitches! Mur-I started making a pillow last night (because that's what everone is getting for Christmas!), but I quit because I can't even cut in a straight line. It's quite disturbing...