Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day!

Yes, I still love that song by Martina McBride and I'm singing it to myself right now.

As for our 4th of July, it was busy and fun! We started the day with the Peachtree Road Race which I absolutely love!!! Its probably my favorite event of the year. From there we picked up Mama Jackie and headed to the lake. Best friend Kelly, Korey and I hung out on the beach for a few hours soaking up the sun while everyone else was on the boat tubing and skiing. Then we went back to Kelly's parents' house for the annual July 4th feast. Kelly's dad, Mr.Tom, cooked 40 lbs of chicken wings, a ton of BBQ and deep fried two turkeys. We only gained a few pounds. If you've never had a deep fried turkey you are missing out!! When Mr.Tom does it he brings it inside and we all just eat the fried skin like vultures. No forks are allowed. Don't judge-it's so good! On Sunday we slept in and then hit the lake. About an hour into the day it started pouring down rain so we headed for land quickly. The pictures of us in the rain are hilarious and I'll post them as soon as I find them, but for now: The famous turkey.

No comments: