Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snow Baby

No, it didn't snow in Atlanta today. But it was rainy and foggy. And Ruby got big enough to wear her Snow Baby onsie. Our Mama Jackie bought it for her. She thought it was perfect because I was born in the middle of a blizzard. Of course, at the time she didn't know that Ruby was going to be born on an icy, snowy day as well. The last few months, although full of joy and excitement over Ruby, have been filled with sadness and tears too. Mama Jackie went to be with Jesus 2 weeks before she could have met her beautiful great-granddaughter. And we miss her so so much! Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. I often think I should be taking Ruby to see her or calling her to tell her our plans for the day. She would be so proud of us. I tell Ruby about her all the time and how much she would have loved her and taught her. As much I wish she was still with us, I know I can't change it. I can only pray that Ruby will grow up to be as beautiful, caring, giving and in love with Jesus as her Mama Jackie.

No comments: